Saturday, October 19, 2013

MassCUE Conference Presentation: Tech Connect: The 24-7 Classroom

I'm delighted that I have the chance to attend MassCUE's 2013 Digital Learning, Global Connections Conference this week. The conference which takes place at the expansive, bright, and energized Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots, has been one of the best sources of tech knowledge and inspiration for me over the years. Many of the tech tools, projects, and pedagogy I currently use came from the MassCUE conference presenters, exhibitors, speakers, and discussions.

After looking over the schoology site MassCUE created, I know that there will be lots of learning for me this year as well.  I can't wait to hear Tony Wagner and Chris Lehman speak.  Both men have inspired me in the past, and I look forward to more inspiration, affirmation, and challenge during the keynote addresses. I also look forward to the many new products I'll get to view and the many presenters I'll learn from, both presenters I've learned from in the past and people new to me and my work. The informal discussions and share are just as important, and this year's conference offers a chance to talk and work with those in the ed-tech start-up world via LearnLaunch as well as the hundreds of educators that will attend the conference.

The work of many dedicated Massachusetts' educators, government agencies, and private organizations support MassCUE each year.  I know how much extra work these officials, volunteers and MassCUE professionals devote to this work, and I am appreciative of all that work.

This year I'll present a workshop titled Tech Connect: The 24-7 Classroom.  The workshop will introduce educators to many tools and processes that can be used in and out of the classroom to forward learning for both children and professionals.  I welcome all interested educators to the presentation discussion and share.  You may get a preview by looking at the presentation slide show below. Also, in the meantime, if you plan to attend my presentation and have a specific learning question or need, please let me know as I'd like to include your interest in the presentation if possible.