Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Field Study Focus and Preparation

Our team is off to a field study today. Field studies build knowledge outside of the traditional school setting while also building team too.

While I'm not a big fan of the bus ride, I do enjoy the chance to see my students learn in a new venue. I get to step back a bit to watch. As I watch, I'll think about the ways that we'll bring this learning forward when we're back at school too.

What's important for the field study are the following actions:

  • Have a class list ready.
  • Phone powered up.
  • Make sure that everyone has a lunch and snack.
  • Make sure that everyone wears a warm jacket.
  • Dress comfortably for lots of movement inside and out.
  • Review the expectations with students.
  • Bring the health bag.
  • Make sure we don't forget the check.