Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Math Talk

The teachers met to discuss the math curriculum.

Not unlike most curriculum discussions, there was a range of viewpoints.

I'm a fan of having a loose-tight curriculum where educators agree to teach a similar program, but have the freedom to teach the students in ways that make the curriculum engaging, meaningful, and successful.

As we talked I noted that some like a very tight program, while others like me prefer a more loose-tight program.

Assessments were brought up. Many desire to use online assessment platforms most of the time. I agree that for the reason we were discussing, I'd like to use the online assessments too.

After the meeting, I was inspired to look deeply at a host of math performance data that we have. Ist a few goals for the year ahead.