Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Teach Well: The Emerging Schedule

Every year the school routine is a bit different from the past year, and that's mainly because there's new students and an educator's expectations and repertoire has changed.

As I settle into this year's schedule, I'm realizing what works best for the students and what works best for me too. For example, the best time of day for reviewing student work is the morning. I can do twice or more times the work in the morning than I can do after a day of teaching. That might be true for children too. For many early risers, it might be easier to finish that home study in the morning rather than after school.

Our team has carved out meeting times throughout the week and the teaching assistant and I are falling into a good rhythm of serving all students well.

So at the start of the year, we create a schedule framework, but it isn't until the year begins to root that the true teaching/learning schedule emerges.