Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Why Speak Up? You Have No Power

A friend said that he will not speak up because he has no power? Yet, what if a person with power embraced his idea? What if someone got courage from his words and spoke up too? What if his one voice became many voices and resulted in positive change?

I hold King's words dear,


Every day I consider the ideas and words of many.

I respond with my thoughts born from the best of my experience, research, and thought.

I often change, revise, and develop my ideas as I read the responses from others.

I know that this is the path of development, positive change, and inclusion.

I will not stay silent, and to the best of my ability I will speak with respect and the knowledge that I am one of many.

In the end, I encourage all to speak up with respect, care, and the desire to do what is right and good for all people.