Monday, December 11, 2017

Devote Time and Support to Efforts that Matter

With limited time and energy, it's important that we devote our time and support to efforts that matter. When we do that, we make a difference. So when faced with invitations, it's important to think about the invitation and decide if the effort is one that matters, and one that you can positively contribute to. It's also important to consider if the invitation is one that meets your vision, philosophy, and mission as an individual and professional.

It's similarly important to consider this when inviting people to join you in an endeavor--will your invitation resonate with their priorities, vision, and mission? Does the invitation touch upon goals that are mutual and collaborative, efforts that you're mutually interested in reaching?

As I think more about time, choosing, invitation, and endeavor, I am thinking about the following questions:
  • How can I contribute to and positively impact a positive culture in the classroom, at school, and within the school system? What matters here?
  • How can I positively contribute to a positive and proactive family culture? In what ways can I support those I love most in the world?
  • How can I contribute to the greater community--what organizations and efforts will I invest in?
  • How can I continue to develop and preserve good energy for these endeavors? What kind of positive routine translates into this kind of energy?
All of this think is supported by a positive vision, time to think, a positive routine, and camaraderie with others and pushes me in the direction of taking the time to dream a little more.