Monday, December 18, 2017

Falling Down the Trump Hole Again

Tonight I fell down the Trump hole again. The more I read about his and his cronies' words, decisions, and actions, the more discouraged I became. Rather than working to uplift the American people, it seems like those people are working to demean the majority of Americans, and elevating only a few.

The elevation of wealth for the wealthiest seems to serve people like Trump best, not most of the people in the United States, and the tax cuts serve to elevate the wealthiest while not uplifting supports that are very important, supports related to health care, environmental protections, and education--supports that would help most Americans, not just a few.

Then of course, there's the news of the Russian investigation and all the sad and worrisome facts that continue to emerge from that work. Discouraging reports about Americans who used their time to support a foreign country's agenda and their own gain rather than the agenda of their own country and people--more discouraging news of greed and selfish intent.

However it's Christmas and do I want to let Trump's demeanor and demeaning decisions ruin the holiday for me and those I love and care for. No.

So for the next few days, I'll follow the great leaders that I know of, leaders who have been working around the clock during Trump times to stand up for the American people, leaders like Senator Warren, Senator Markey and more. I'll listen to their words and advocate for what is good for the American people, most of them instead of a few. I'll listen to few stories of our President, his family, and cronies and instead turn my attention to those I love and desire to spend the holiday with. I never thought I'd live in a time when the President of the United States shows so little care or attention to the needs and potential of the American people, our country's resources, and the the country as a whole, but that is the way it is now, and the best I can do is to do my work well and advocate for what I believe to be a better way. Onward.